• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ashten082

Green Vegetables

9 posts in this topic

I encourage you to try a wide variety of fresh greens and vegetables to find all the ones you like. Always eat your greens according to the seasons. Some of my favorites are baby spinach, parsley, basil green leaves, broccoli, celery, and cucumber. I also make smoothies out of these vegetables and drink it as snack or breakfast.

Bob likes this

5 Green Vegetables that you should take.

For many of us, green vegetables conjure up ghastly childhood memories of not being allowed out to play until the last brussel sprout on your plate was eaten. Its now time to grow up and embrace green vegetables and the major health benefits that come with them.

1. Kale - Eating Kale has loads of health benefits including improving blood glucose control in diabetics, lowering the risk of cancer and lowering blood pressure. It's also high in fiber which is great for weight loss because it keeps you feeling fuller for longer.

2. Asparagus - Eating Asparagus may help protect against and fight certain forms of cancer, such as bone, breast and lung cancer because it is a rich source of glutathione which helps break down carcinogens and other harmful compounds in the body. It is also packed with anti-oxidants which may help slow down the ageing process.

3. Lettuce - We all know that Lettuce are into are salads and sandwiches for good measure but believe it or not, lettuce is one of the best green vegetables you can eat. It's low in calories and high in iron and vitamin C. If you are having trouble sleeping, try having a cup of lettuce soup before bedtime. Lettuce contains the sedative lectucarium which is beneficial in the treatment of insomnia.

4. Broccoli - Broccoli's nutrients include vitamin C, vitamin A, folic acid, calcium and fiber. Broccoli can even reduce the effects of diabetes and heart damage.

5. Alfalfa Sprouts - Alfalfa Sprouts are one of the most significant dietary sources of phytoestrogens which can help reduce your risk of heart disease, cancer and osteoporosis.

Bob likes this

Sharing this "BROCCOLI GREEN SMOOTHIE" to everyone. Maybe you would like to try something new :)

Ingredients:

• 3/4 cup apple Juice
  • 1/2 cup raw broccoli florets (1.5 ounces / 45 grams - about 4 florets
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons mashed avocado (about 1/8 an avocado)
  • 1 cup ice

Place all ingredients except for ice in blender. Process until completely smooth and creamy. Add ice and process again until smooth. Then It's ready to serve!

Oh I am such a big lover of green vegetables especially Asparagus. I try to cook Asparagus at least once every week. However, my kids don't like it a lot, sadly in fact many kids don't like green vegetables, these days. :(

I was not a great lover of green vegetables while I was a kid or even in my teenage years. However, as I grew older, I recognized the importance of green vegetables and started eating them. :)

Health_is_Wealth likes this

Oh I am such a big lover of green vegetables especially Asparagus. I try to cook Asparagus at least once every week. However, my kids don't like it a lot, sadly in fact many kids don't like green vegetables, these days. :(

​Why don't you try and make them a smoothie out of veggies, you could mix with a green apple just lessen the veggie taste. :) 

​Why don't you try and make them a smoothie out of veggies, you could mix with a green apple just lessen the veggie taste. :) 

​Well, to be honest, they don't like a green apple too. Even then, the smoothie idea is a good one and I must try that for my kids. Will let you know if that one works out or not. ;) 

Health_is_Wealth likes this

Yeah, it's probably a good idea to mix in some type of fruit you like the taste of.