• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jared767

Foods That "Do" the Weight Loss For You

12 posts in this topic

Recent research in the Journal of Nutrition suggests eating more fiber as a way to prevent weight gain or even encourage weight loss. Over the course of the two-year study, the researchers found that boosting fiber by 8 grams for every 1,000 calories resulted in about 4 1/2 pounds of weight lost.

Try it for yourself. If you're consuming 2,000 calories per day, aim to increase your fiber by 16 grams.

Fiber-rich foods that help do the weight-loss work for you:

1. A medium apple contains 4 grams of fiber

2. One cup of green beans boasts 4 grams of fiber

3. A medium-size baked sweet potato, skin included, offers 5 grams of fiber-for just 103 calories.

4. One cup of raspberries has 8 grams of fiber

5. One cup of strawberries has a respectable 3 grams of fiber

6. 3/4 cup of chickpeas has a whopping 8 grams of fiber

7. A cup of cooked pumpkin contains 3 grams of fiber

...thought you might want to know :)

Bob likes this

Great information Jared.

I was searching for this type of post for a long time, thanks a lot for sharing such a helpful, efficient and effective information.

In my opinion drinking more water (at least 10 glasses) will help you to reduce weight in a faster manner by flushing out your systems. Water mainly helps in increasing metabolism, which is needed to really lose weight because metabolism is the way our body processes and handles whatever the body takes in. Also it helps the body eliminate wastes and toxins that do not any good for the body, especially the unhealthy fats deposited around certain areas of the body such as belly, ankles, thighs, and hips.

watsonjohn likes this

Great information. Fruits and vegetables are all rich in fiber and will help you lose weight. You need to combine proper eating with a good amount of exercise too.

Bob likes this

How long did you take it and how long did it take to lose weight Mia?

​I already enjoyed eating it (its been a year now), observed that I shed a few pounds after adding it in my diet for the first 3 months. It helped me maintain my current weight, maybe because its rich in fiber :)

Bob likes this

Bananas have got good fiber content and these are satisfying too when it comes to hunger. I have found them good in this sense that they give a very satisfying feeling. :) 

Now this is a brilliant post and extremely informative as well. I had no ideas whatsoever that all these foods contain fiber content. 

There is an eastern herb known as "Ispaghol" and it has got great fiber content. You know my uncle's family lives in India and they brought it from here. I found it extremely effective though.