• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jared767

Eating Healthy Foods at Fastfoods

26 posts in this topic

Can't help it. I just need some suggestions on how we can eat healthy at Subway, McDonalds, or Chpotle.. I need something that's low in carbs, yet high in protein. Any suggestion is welcome.

Bob likes this

Welcome to the site Jared. How about in n out burger, do you have one of those in your area? You can get a low carb burger there by telling them you want it protein style. They are very good too! Carls Jr. Has a low carb six dollar burger that's pretty good too. Of course you can turn any of your burgers into low carb by getting rid of the buns.

That's a good idea! Thanks Bob. Unfortunately, there's no in n out burger in the area. I have been searching the internet in relation to this and found nutritionix calculator. So, I tried it out following your suggestion and here's what I got:

Subway

Spicy Italian Meats

Roast Beef

Swiss Cheese

Banana Peppers

Olive Oil Blend

Looks good and got protein at 34 g and carbs at 3 g. Not bad, right?

Bob likes this

Not bad at all Jared, and I think most people who eat low carb forget that it's low carb and not no carb. Are these sandwiches without bread and wrapped in lettuce? I haven't eaten at subway since I started eating eating low carb. Of course nothing beats a good home made low carb burger. How long have you been on a low carb diet? How do you like it?

That's a nice calculator!

Well, just starting out...probably less than a month.

It's not easy, but I'm getting the hang of it. Got to start somewhere... :flower:

Yeah, it gets easier as you get the hang of it. How many carbs are you consuming a day?

I need to keep it at 70 g...if I can help it

Are you trying to maintain your weight, or lose weight?

Hi! Although I don't think I'm "over" overweight...I just thought I need to lose some :driver:

I know the feeling, trust me. :)

hi,

Mashed potatoes with gravy, potato salad,cole slaw and honey BBQ sandwich. These are some of the healthy fastfoods you can prefer.

Bob likes this

Eating healthy foods at Fastfoods is a timely suggestion but there leaves a question in related to type of food. It is well known that Carbohydrate is the source of energy. The energy that you need as fuel for your daily work.So let us figure out which items contain carbohydrate. Rice, fried rice, bread, potato,pop-corn,noodles and so on are the source of Carbohydrate. It needs to prefer carbohydrate food when you are in fast food restaurant. 

Carbohydrates are only one source of energy, but fat is another source of energy that is readily available. The thing is, in the presence of carbohydrates, fats are not the preferred energy source, nor are they readily available for use as an energy source.

Carbohydrates cause an increase in insulin. When insulin rises, the body does two things in regards to energy storage and usage. First, it prevents the release of free fatty acids for use a fuel. Second, it starts storing more fat. The body does not store fat when insulin is not present at elevated levels. This little gem throws out the whole calories in vs calories out theory, or at least it seems to.

This is one reason I prefer the low carb diet plan. You can eat as much as you want and still lose the fat. You don't have to go around hungry. Therefore you can stay on a low carb diet for the rest of your life.

mominforft likes this

Why do you want to go to a fast food chain and try eating something healthy there? Won't it be actually better to stop going to a fast food chain and try eating something really healthy at your home?

It is best to just go to the market and make your own food. That is what I do lately, instead of buying food during my break time at the office, I just make one for myself and bring it to my office ;)

Bob and Trainer like this

Nothing like getting food at farmers markets. You can get locally grown, pesticide free, organic produce. Same goes for buying grass fed, organic meat.

Why do you want to go to a fast food chain and try eating something healthy there? Won't it be actually better to stop going to a fast food chain and try eating something really healthy at your home?

​You are so right actually. See, the point is when you have kids around, you cannot resist too much unhealthy food if you are inside those fast food chains. It is therefore recommended to stay away from them. I am not saying that I never take them to fast foods, but I do so only once in a blue moon. 

Joey D and Bob like this

I try to avoid eating at fast food whenever possible. I get tired of dealing with the dirty workers who probably spit in your food!

Bob likes this

I try to avoid eating at fast food whenever possible. I get tired of dealing with the dirty workers who probably spit in your food!

​Lol, that is actually a new aspect altogether which was not obvious to me at least, before I went through your post. I though wonder why would anyone spit in my food, if he/she is mentally stable. :(

Bob and Trainer like this

It's something that probably happens in very rare occasions. I agree, they are probably mentally unstable.

Trainer likes this

Oh it happens do not ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

​You are saying this like, seriously? 

I cannot believe this, to be very honest. :(

Oh it happens do not ask me how I know. :rolleyes:

​You are saying this like, seriously? 

I cannot believe this, to be very honest. :(