• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sheltontanner

My 5minuite exercise plans

29 posts in this topic

My weight went out of ­control when I got married and after giving birth on my 1st kid. Sometimes I don't even recognize myself already. I wasn’t happy how I looked. There was one time wherein I didn’t go to a friend’s wedding because I was so ashamed of how fat I looked. I was amazed how big I looked in the mirror but deep down I knew the mirror wasn’t lying. I knew I had to do something.

I was doing some research on the internet and I saw this program http://tiny.cc/pibcp which I found it interesting for my belly to look sexy. I am very satisfied already and if you have any other program like this please inform me.

My 5minuite exercise plans are the ff:

5 minute cardio warm-up which can include jogging, jumping jacks, opposite knee to opposite elbow etc.

5 minutes on upper body strength working with a weight bar and dumbbell. This can be done anywhere.

5 minutes to work on lower-body strength - squats, lunges, leg lifts.

5minutes on the abdominals - crunches, sit-ups.

5minutes for a "cardio cool-down." light jogging.

I lost weight already but I need to reduce 30lbs more if you can add on my 5min exercises please do so.

Bob likes this

Welcome to the site Shelton. Is there a reason why you are sticking to only 5 minutes for each activity? In addition, what does your daily dietary plan look like? Do you have access to a gym or are you exercising at home? If you want to get the most fat loss out of a little time as possible, I would suggest you take a look at HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training), it's a time proven fat lost activity.

congrats for your result Shelton happy for you..!!

Well your 5 minute exercise sounds really very interesting to try out..

Thanks for sharing your experience..:)

Bob likes this

I have some queries related to this.. Does this really work..If I started to follow this tips will they effect on my bod.

Anything, and I mean anything that increases your activity level will work for the novice, but you have to make sure you have a long term plan in place so that your goals are reached and maintained. This includes making sure you don't overtrain and end up with a loss of progress. Creating a long term plan is once of the most important aspect of training.

Could you give me some tips...like How can I maintain my daily diet plan..Which exercise i can do everyday basis..What nutritional food i have to take?..

Bob likes this

What is your current dietary plan?

But doing exercise only for 5mins does really work? I'm confused..Because to get the result we atleast give 30min for each exercise.

Bob likes this

Hi Nancy,

I agree, but I think it really depends on your current level of fitness. If you are completely sedentary, even walking around for five minutes will make a difference. Of course, another factor is intensity, for example, all out sprinting for 5 minutes will definitely lead to fat loss.

Edited by Bob

For my liking, 5 minutes exercise daily in not enough. 25 to 30 minutes exercise on daily basis should be the target if you want to stay physically fit. 

Bob and Joey D like this

I disagree, 5 minutes of high intensity exercise is great for fat loss.

Bob likes this

I agree Joey, and for anyone doubting the ability of high intensity exercise, try this. Go you your local football field. Run a 100 yard sprint. Rest for 1 minute and run another 100 yards. Repeat three or four times, if you can. Good luck and good running! You have to really spring, give it your all, and in order to do this, you will need to be in extremely good shape!

I disagree, 5 minutes of high intensity exercise is great for fat loss.

​Oh sorry but I have heard that the slower you go about losing your weight, the better it is actually !!!

The faster you try to lose weight, the faster you actually regain it.  

Bob likes this

Where did you hear this and what is the source? Sounds like you may be referring to quick fix diets more than a solid exercise / weight loss routine. I have read, but never validated, if you lose more than 2 lbs a week, you might be losing muscle mass in addition to fat, which is never a good idea. The only problem is I have never seen the research to back it up.

Also, the more overweight you are, the more weight you can lose quickly as you have so much excess to lose. Interesting discussion, looking to see more information. :)

Trainer and Joey D like this

To be honest, I did not listen to this from any authentic / scientific sources. All I heard about this was from some infotainment channel or read it from the internet which can actually not necessarily be authentic. It will be though interesting to find out more about this from some scientific source. 

Trainer, Joey D and Bob like this

When I try I can lose up to 5lbs a week. That is only after I really gained extra weight and eat very low calories and run like a bandit.

Trainer and Bob like this

I try to keep my clients limited to about 2lbs a week, unless they have a lot of weight to lose.

Trainer likes this

I bet I could design an effective 1 minute exercise routine. Of course you would need to be in tip top shape to engage in it.

So, what are we up to now? Should we try to lose weight quickly or maybe slowly and gradually? I mean, what is the ideal way to go about losing weight?

Bob likes this

I think that is one of the problems, we try to fit everyone into the same category. The truth is, everyone is different. Each approach should fit the individual.

If you have someone who is 150 lbs over weight, you could lose weight fairly quickly. If you have someone who is in shape and just wants to lose those last 5 lbs, you might need to take things slower. The main goal is to make sure you retain as much muscle mass as possible.

I always tailor my clients workouts to fit them individually. Each client is different is so many ways. It's best to make sure I am able to tailor a workout and diet program that works for them specifically.

I know most trainers don't take this approach. They use a one size fits all approach for all their clients. I have seen it more times than I care to admit. Clients deserve the best, and the best is an individualized program made specifically for them.

Joey D and Trainer like this

You are so right ^ actually but the sad part is that there are not too many trainers who think as you do. :(

They are either not interested in tailoring the weight loss plans for individual clients or they seriously sometimes have lack of the required, specific knowledge. Again, this is quite sad as your clients do not come to you for this purpose. They come to you with a certain level of trust and morally and ethically, being a trainer, you ought to be at your best, when it comes to fulfilling the individual needs of the clients. :(

Bob likes this

You are 100% correct, most trainers use a "canned" routine for all their clients. It's the same exact routine no matter what the clients goals, body type, fitness level, etc.

It's a serious problem with the Personal Training industry. Heck, in any industry really. We try to fit everyone into the same shoe as if we are all the same, when the fact is, we are all different. Different body types, different goals, different constraints, etc, ad infinitum.