• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

alodia

What are the basic things to remember before engaging into sports?

7 posts in this topic

One thing that I can share, before the event of a sport keep yourself hydrated and in good condition. Avoid engaging into sports when you lack sleep or when you just recovered from a severe illness, check with your doctor first.

How about you?? what are the things that you usually do before playing a game or engaging into sports?

Bob and Joey D like this

I agree, hydration is a must, along with some sport specific types of warm ups and general whole body warm ups. For example, if I am coaching a powerlifting team, we focus on warming up with the specific lifts we will be engaging in during the event. When it comes to other sports, we use mainly general warm ups. Of course it really depends on the sport / activity.

Trainer likes this

Physical fitness is important before engaging any sports activity. If you like to reap the benefit of sports activity or like to win by defeating the opponents, you need total concentration on the activity. Nutritious  food, positive thinking, stress free mind and hydration work great and consultation with doctor is also helpful.

Joey D and Bob like this

I warm up and stretch the whole body and do some specific warm ups and stretching.

Bob likes this

Same, general warmup and then specific warmups. I don't incorporate much stretching as the research has been mixed.

Trainer likes this

Light stretching and a bit of warm up before beginning the sport are generally useful. However, these will not really work if you are going to play American football. :( 

Bob likes this