• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

i2acy

What is the difference between strength lifting and bodybuilding lifting plans?

6 posts in this topic

I work out every few days and I have tried a lot of different lifting routines. Right now I lift 4 sets at 8-10 reps. I am strong and ripped but not "big." I think this might be because of my type of workout. I know there is difference between strength lifting and bodybuilding lifting. Should I do a bodybuilding type of workout to gain weight? Also, what is good bodybuilding routine?

Bob likes this

I work out every few days and I have tried a lot of different lifting routines. Right now I lift 4 sets at 8-10 reps. I am strong and ripped but not "big." I think this might be because of my type of workout. I know there is difference between strength lifting and bodybuilding lifting. Should I do a bodybuilding type of workout to gain weight? Also, what is good bodybuilding routine?

Weight gain is going to come from increased caloric intake, not lifting. I posted in your other thread on the best methods for building muscle mass, but if you want to put on some weight, you will need to increase your calorie intake.

That is mainly true of the heavy weight power lifters, regarding having a gut, but the lower weight power lifters usually have a very low body fat percentage of fat. You can google a lot of photos of powerlifters, but here is one who is hardly fat and certainly doesn't have small arms.

I have no idea on the difference between strength lifting and body lifting but recently I have gone through an article where strength lifting gives higher importance. The article has cited that strength lifting melts fat faster and help to increase metabolism rate. If you like I can provide the link. 

Joey D and Bob like this