• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bob

Can Exercise Make You Feel More Full?

8 posts in this topic

A study of fat swimming and running rats indicated that exercise induces brain chemistry changes that decrease appetite

exercise can actually help to slow overeating. And a new study presents evidence that the body's physiologic response to exercise can help retune the nervous system's cues and make the body feel less hungry, rather than more so.

By a simple food-in/energy-out model, a run on the treadmill or swim in the pool should make you want to eat more. But recent findings have suggested that

Hunger is a complex sensation, but it is determined in part by neurons located in the hypothalamus, which send signals to the brain telling it that you're either hungry or sated. Those neurons get their message from hormones, including insulin and leptin. When the body develops a resistance to these messengers, people become more prone to overeating and weight gain. And scientists have begun to suspect that cellular inflammation might be at least partly responsible for allowing these signals to get out of whack.

Full Article

robinthomson likes this

My take is it won't. Sometimes it can make you more hungry instead.

My take is it won't. Sometimes it can make you more hungry instead.

same here.

A study of fat swimming and running rats indicated that exercise induces brain chemistry changes that decrease appetite

By a simple food-in/energy-out model, a run on the treadmill or swim in the pool should make you want to eat more. But recent findings have suggested that

exercise can actually help to slow overeating. And a new study presents evidence that the body's physiologic response to exercise can help retune the nervous system's cues and make the body feel less hungry, rather than more so.

Hunger is a complex sensation, but it is determined in part by neurons located in the hypothalamus, which send signals to the brain telling it that you're either hungry or sated. Those neurons get their message from hormones, including insulin and leptin. When the body develops a resistance to these messengers, people become more prone to overeating and weight gain. And scientists have begun to suspect that cellular inflammation might be at least partly responsible for allowing these signals to get out of whack.

Full Article

I read this full article and found this great with full of new and interested information.

Bob likes this

It is a good information and new to me. Exercise here I like to mean physical activity. There is a common notion that the people tend to eat more after physical activity. Even people feel more hungry after doing hard work. There is also a saying that 'hunger is the best sauce.' So when I have gone through this informative content, I contradict with my previous thoughts. I thought that exercise helps to eat more and fast.

Bob likes this

Wow, that is an interesting and I would actually say, a rather controversial piece of information, lol......

Bob likes this