Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sherry2018love

Trumaine Johnson Im focusing on 2017 not

Trumaine Johnson Im focusing on 2017 not   1 vote

1. 1. Trumaine Johnson Im focusing on 2017 not

• Trumaine Johnson Im focusing on 2017 not
    • Trumaine Johnson Im focusing on 2017 not

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 post in this topic

Los Angeles Rams cornerback Trumaine Johnson is reading the tea leaves and doesn't think his Women Rob Gronkowski Navy Blue Jersey stint with the club will last beyond this season. Johnson is playing under the franchise tag for the second straight season after sides couldn't agree on a long-term contract earlier this month. Johnson is set to make $16.7 million in 2017, but feels like it will be his last with the Rams. "I wanted it; I wanted it big-time," Johnson said Saturday of a potential multi-year contract extension. "I believe the Rams are going in a different direction at the end of the season. It's out of my control. I'm here. I'm still putting my jersey on. I'm lacing up my cleats. I'm happy. I Julian Edelman Navy Limited Jersey 'm here to win games, and I'm going to help this team to win games." The Rams wanted Johnson around enough to be willing to invest almost $17 million in him this year. When L.A. tagged Johnson in March, general manager Les Snead said he wanted to see how well the corner fit in defensive coordinator Wade Phillips' system. Between the fit questions, and the fact that the Rams are paying Johnson much Tom Brady Navy Limited Jersey more than better players at his position, an extension wasn't close to getting done. The 27-year-old cover man, however, isn't fretting. In four minutes, Johnson said the phrase "I'm here to win games" six times on Saturday, per ESPN's Alden Gonzalez. "I'm here," Johnson said. "I'm still playing football. Tom Brady White Super Bowl LII Jersey I'm still lacing up my cleats. I'm still putting that '22' jersey on. I'm ble sed. I'm here to win games. That's my goal Malcolm Butler Jersey . ... I'm here to win games. I'm not worried about after this season. I'm here right now, and my focus is on winning games." The formula is simple for Johnson: Play well in 2017, and someone will pony up for the 6-foot-2 corner when he finally hits the open market next offseason.