• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bob

prevent asthma-like symptoms in infants with atopic dermatitis.

6 posts in this topic

In a recent study conducted at the Department of Pediatric Respiratory Medicine and Allergy, Emma Children's Hospital, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, the researchers found that children who were given synbiotics (probiotics and prebiotics) had greatly reduced asthma like symptoms in infants with atopic dermatitis. "These results suggest that this synbiotic mixture prevents asthma-like symptoms in infants with AD."

For those who don't know, you can buy probiotics at most health food stores and supermarkets like Whole Foods. Kefir is a great source, but if need to avoid dairy products you can also try a product called Good Belly which sells many different flavors of their probiotic drink.

Source:

Allergy. 2010 Jun 17.

Synbiotics prevent asthma-like symptoms in infants with atopic dermatitis.

van der Aa LB, van Aalderen WM, Heymans HS, Henk Sillevis Smitt J, Nauta AJ, Knippels LM, Ben Amor K, Sprikkelman AB; the Synbad Study Group*.

Department of Pediatric Respiratory Medicine and Allergy, Emma Children's Hospital, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

For those who don't know, you can buy probiotics at most health food stores and supermarkets like Whole Foods. Kefir is a great source, but if need to avoid dairy products you can also try a product called Good Belly which sells many different flavors of their probiotic drink.

:sickinbed:

Weird, why did you just quote what I posted above? Looks like another spammer, better improve the registration system....

It is best to prevent asthma at early stages with good medication. You shared very valuable information to get rid of asthma like diseases.

Thanks for the share Bob.

Bob likes this

Thanks Linda. I have been giving my daughter probiotics for her asthma for over two years now and she no longer shows any signs of having asthma. It was very bad before we started giving her a daily dose of probiotics, she was using a nebulizer and inhaler almost daily. I honestly can't remember the last time we had to use an inhaler or nebulizer. It takes about a month to see the results, but we are very happy with the results and hope this will help other children who have asthma. :)

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Blog Statistics

• Total Blogs
    • Total Entries